Thursday, March 7, 2013

mindfulness/mindlessness


"I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh

if you don't mind, i feel to leave
my mind at the door of predictions
future will be here in time for supper
outside of planning, my present looks clear

tending to a healing heart wears down
the batteries wistfully waiting for full charge ahead
into the wild blueberry  yonder of heart-ache
i know this territory- can trace the old hurts

and make them alive in the spring light

mind will keep the walking wounded walking for centuries
as heart settles in to cups of chamomile and respect for earth:
for stepping into the garden created with her own two hands

i've just dropped the ball on my toes
and don't care if that shows; i'm leaving
my mind at the door of predictability,
tracing the back roads, happily sliding on fallen leaves

Kate Lamberg

snows melting, nourishing spring gardens..photo by Kate Lamberg~~

No comments:

Post a Comment