Sunday, September 1, 2013

all the trouble with the I/ME



"Yes and thank you are the opposites of selfishness. The ego can only be erased
through happiness and gratitude."
Arnaud Desjardins


her life, as  a blackboard
filled with numbers and letters
I, ME, larger than life
the intruder in the chalk dust

the one who grabs the goods
all that is left from the bad equation
and runs imbalanced through thicket
night time scratches in the dark

I, ME can only be
obliterated
with one honest stroke,
one conscious erasure

heart attack alley way
where all the ME folk flail
and give it up for one day
leaving only YOU

creating "my" only joy
driven by a need to plant
violets on all the places
my ME stormed out ungrateful

Kate Lamberg

flower photo by kate lamberg~*~
flower photo by kate lamberg~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment