Sunday, November 10, 2013

took a walk in "the sanctuary"

Took a walk in the "sanctuary", a lovely nature preserve near me. After going into the bamboo grove for quiet meditation, i stepped out to view some of the stunning colored leaves--still holding on to the trees. I was headed north to the inlet- to sit on a favorite rock and view the egrets and swans. Something made me turn around, and walk a few steps to the south.

Beyond the dogwood, red maple, norwegian pine, japanese maple, and a baby birch, i saw her. She- dancing deer was grazing, her head stretched through the pine wood slatted fence. I stood and stared for a few minutes. She lifted her head, and our eyes locked. For what seemed an eternity, but was probably only another few minutes--we merged, in peaceful prayer and healing meditation.

For many years, DEER has been one of the strongest animal totems for me. She represents grace, kindness, flexibility, the arts, nurturing, generosity and acceptance. I liken her to the Celtic St. Brigid in persona.
My seeing she-deer on saturday..an "8" day was particularly meaningful. Eights represent eternity: eternal love, truth, peace and longevity..

A blessing to connect and to know...I need not see her physically anymore to resonate/and become the essence/magic she possesses. A reminder to go "within" more often. To "be there" on a deeper level in my healing practice..To dive into my creativity--as i step away from electronic devices...
Embracing all that is natural, all that is healing, harmonious and centering for myself and with those I am in contact with. Blessed Be!

Wishing all my friends a healing and harmonious Sunday....
love light peace joy...

No comments:

Post a Comment