Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sound Healing~*~

It was a lovely afternoon. Gary and I shared lunch with his parents. I asked if it would be OK to play the gorgeous piano. The head cook said "yes". My smile became large and I felt joy rising. Away on vacation, it is not always easy finding a piano, let alone an "in tune" one.

I was feeling particularly happy playing for the lovely people at this home for "older folks". Elderly people who may be experiencing all kinds of aches and pains, limitations in movement, and mental focus, appreciate so much an opportunity to experience live music.

Music indeed is a healing vehicle for all age groups. With the elderly, however, I sense more than any other population, a true and deep appreciation. Many of them have found themselves alone after many years of marriage. A connection established for so many years becomes severed. Music can be an opening and a connection. A delightful organic treat, palpable to one's nerves, heart, respiration. Thus,aiding in helping people cope with loss of a loved one, or loss of one's faculties.

I played for twenty minutes, original pieces, I wrote for healing. I entitle my pieces, "Sound Healing". I could feel the room become quiet, as I played. When I looked up, I witnessed the wonder and the joy from those in the dining room, who stopped interacting, in order to simply listen to the music. Their focus and apparent joy then swept back to my heart, filling me with a depth of joy difficult to describe in words. Grounded, yet uplifted. This was a feeling I don't believe I have ever experienced before. This feeling, coupled with gratitude left me in an impassioned peace, which stayed with me for quite awhile, after I left the piano.

I bless spirit, for my abilities to play the piano, and to have had the experience, of truly communing with my audience in such a deep and meaningful fashion.


~Kate Lamberg
8/17/11

No comments:

Post a Comment