Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy to be Blogging More

After three full years of posting poems, photos, connecting with, and making almost 1500 "virtual friends" on facebook, I have decided to take a break. A very long break. I have enjoyed meeting many friends, who have inspired me with their art work, poetry, and shared letters. I have even met several friends in "real life", and am grateful for the friendships formed off of the screen.

During this holiday season, and amidst the tradedies both in our country, and more currently overseas, I have had to step back and take a long hard look at my own life, and to decide what is really important for me to focus my energies on. Prioritizing is not something that comes easily for me. I could be swimming in the joyous river of face booking for years to come. I now realize I've been one of the true face book addicts. And I must stop. And I have.

This is difficult for me to share here. I had to begin this essay by sharing all the good stuff I received by being there. My soul is speaking to me, and I must listen. My gifts of teaching, writing, composing,  inspiring, facilitating healing (massage, reiki, yoga)  are real. This is the time for me to utilize my gifts--harnessing my strengths and moving forward with them--both professionally and in all aspects of my life.

Presently I am seeking a publisher who would love my poetry enough..to publish my first book of poetry. I have  amassed in the last three years over 1000 poems--writing and posting a poem a day! Self-publishing is another possibility, I am also seriously contemplating.
Also, I have plans for implementing and expanding my natural healing practice, in the coming year, 2013. Stay posted for that!

This is the first in a series of sharing what is new with me. I will also be posting poems and photos, like I used to do regularly on face book. You may sign up to follow me, and then you are welcome to leave comments. I am just happy your are reading my words now. Feeling so much  joy in writing has got to be the writer's motivation. Every now and then, we like to know someone noticed!

During this holiday season...Be extra kind and considerate to each other. Count your blessings, for there are many. I am most grateful for my loving family, friends and the power and beauty of nature every day.

Joyous Thanksgiving Everyone!

Bright blessings, and Much Love,
Kate xx

2 comments:

Roxana Jones said...

Change is wonderful and necessary Kate, I know this one will bring you so much love and joy!
Wishing you all the best with your beautiful projects. Happy Thanksgiving!♥

Kate lamberg said...

Thank you so very much, Roxana. I agree with you--change is wonderful, necessary...and brings us rare gifts: insight, inner growth, contentment. Happy Thanksgiving and Joy to you this holiday season. With love..Blessings, Kate <3

Post a Comment