Tuesday, October 1, 2013

give me a pen

setauket harbour~by katyajo..(c) '13
give me a pen that lasts a day
and you won't be seeing me
for awhile

you see, i have
words that have not been
revealed to you or even to me

but the task at hand- is to place
that pen in my right hand--
and be left

to roam in my expanded home
without walls for another handful
of days on end-

where the trees hide from knowing--
there is no secret
under heaven or beneath the river

there is no beast
or monster lurking
ready to pounce like panther

i am not sharing with you to prove
anything; just wanted you to know
it is eternally safe to walk over

the stepping stones are dry
no sea weed has danced so hard
among these humble watery environs

to trip anyone from moving forward
swimming in the rocky bottomed sound
where minnows tickle- never ridicule

kate lamberg..(c) '13


No comments:

Post a Comment