Thursday, December 3, 2009

Wind and Rain Continue

The intense northeasterly wind coupled with the heavy rain roused me from sleep around 5:30 this morning. I would have loved to have slept longer. My dreams were active and colorful. In one, I jumped from shore, to a moving ship, heading into the gentle waters of the Caribbean. What did I have with me, for this mysterious journey? My cellphone, pocketbook, with some loose change, a single water bottle,
half of a jarlberg sandwich, an apple. What was I going to do?
If I had stayed in dreamland longer, I would have confronted my dream demons, as the Senoi Indians do. From a very early age,children are raised to focus on their dreams. This must allow them a deeper understanding of their unconscious workings, and give them depth and wisdom in their daily waking life.
It is still dark, as I write this. Coffee, my morning friend is by my side. A nice stong organic Ethiopian brew. There is not a speck of a chance that I will return to the warmth and comfort of sleep and dreams. The day has begun. I welcome the next twelve hours. May I create and share, have time for quiet, reflection. Hopefully, this afternoon the rain will stop, and I will meet a friend, to walk in nature.


Have a wondrous day!
Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment