Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sunshiney Day!

This Tuesday morning woke up prior to sunrise. There was no visible sign that it was going to be clear. Presently, the sun has emerged. The sunshine glazes over the windows and the red brick of the building across the street. Since I do not have eastern or southern exposure, this becomes my "make believe" eastern view. Actually, I gaze out my western window in my galley kitchen. After the sun hits the building across the way, it then cascades sweetly back through my kitchen window, dances through my dining room, and paints lovely red, orange, yellow patterns on the eastern wall behind me.
This beautiful dance happens every day there is a clear sunrise. Each and every time it is a miracle. A time to pause, and look. To move a little slower, and appreciate the wonder of it. This spills into a broader appreciation for all of nature's elegant beauty.
I am grateful for these simple things. I am changed by stopping to notice. Thank you nature, for effortlessly filling me with gratitude. You are my humble teacher.

May nature's beauty give us all an opportunity, to pause, wait, and appreciate the lovely little things, that add up to her vastness:her unstoppable radiance!

Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment