Tuesday, September 27, 2011

morning musings

It has been a gentle September mornng. I awoke with my kittens, at 4:30. As I went to sleep quite early last night, I felt refreshed and ready to begin my day a few hours earlier than usual.

Candles lit, coffee pressed, and presently enjoying sipping my coffee out of a large green mug.  My kittens are back to sleep, while the early morning birds sing.

My new kittens, six month old calico sisters...  have been giving me an abundance of joy. I named one Emma, after my mom's mom; the other shasta, after the sacred mountain. Their distinct  personalities are already evident. However they are both perfectly wonderful company. Emma and Shasta are my bright feline teachers, many gurus rolled up into a furry ball of delightful cat-ness!

I posted a quote about gratitude, and a friend said, "I prefer kindness". I was surprised to hear that, as I feel both are conditions necessary to live with oneself, in the world. One is not better or more elevated. Kindness without gratitude feels like acting nice..and not necessarily feeling grateful; Gratefulness without kindness...is just sitting back and being grateful, without the "action part" of kindness. They are in my heart and mind...corded, and both reflected upon, and acted upon every day.

Namaste..The highest in me, salutes the highest in you!

Kate Lamberg
9/27/11










No comments:

Post a Comment